At VMworld 2011 in Las Vegas, I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time — that is, having a beer with a number of fellow vExperts such as Cody Bunch (web/twitter), Sean Crookston (web/twitter), Bill Hill (web/twitter), and Kanuj Behl (web/twitter). During our conversation, Cody mentioned that he needed to take a break on hosting his popular Brownbag study sessions, and asked if I’d be willing to take it over. After conferring with my wife — let’s be honest, what family man is *really* in control of his own schedule? 😉 — I agreed to take it over.
Two things were at the top of my mind while thinking about hosting the Brownbags for Cody. First, it’s an honor. Cody is doing something that is very needed within the VMware community. He and the folks that regularly attend have built it into something awesome because it gives back to the community at large. Second, I wanted to blow the doors off the Brownbag; hopefully building upon Cody’s successes to make it something even better. The key to that would be, of course, getting an all-star lineup on week after week.
So here’s the schedule for the next coming weeks, and a hint of what’s still to come.
- Duncan Epping (@duncanyb) & Frank Denneman (@frankdenneman): September 15th, 1-2PM CST REGISTER
- Duncan is a Principal Architect in the Technical Marketing group at VMware and is focused on vSphere Architecture. He is the owner of the leading virtualization blog yellow-bricks.com and was among the first VMware Certified Design Experts (VCDX 007). He is the author of “VMware vSphere 5 Clustering Technical Deepdive”, “VMware vSphere 4.1 HA and DRS Technical Deepdive”, “VMware vSphere 4.0 Quick Start Guide” and “Foundation for Cloud Computing with VMware vCloud Director”.
- Frank is a Consulting Architect working for VMware as part of the Professional Services Organization and working primarily with large Enterprise customers and Service Providers. He focuses on designing large vSphere Infrastructures and specializes in Resource Management, DRS in general and storage. Frank is VCDX number 29, participates on the VCDX defense panels and is the co-author of the vSphere 4.1 HA and DRS technicaldeepdive and the vSphere 5 Clustering deepdive.
- Jason Boche (@jasonboche): September 21st, 7-8PM CST REGISTER
- Jason Boche is a VMware Virtualization Product Specialist/Tactical Marketing Senior Advisor at Dell Compellent as well as an independent VMware vEvangelist in his spare time. He has worked with medium to large scale enterprise environments since 1996 and has been focusing on VMware virtualization since 2000. Jason is VCDX #34 on VI3 and vSphere 4, VCAP4-DCA, VCAP4-DCD, VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, CCAx2. Jason works with customers, partners, and colleagues on Dell Compellent solutions, reference architectures, design, implementation, and best practices. He is the author of a top-10 VMware blog, the vCalendar, and Technical Editor on book projects. Jason was the Minneapolis VMware User Group leader for five years and has been recognized as a VMware vEXPERT three times.
- Wade Holmes (@wholmes): September 28th, 7-8PM CST REGISTER
I’ve also got commitments from David Davis (web/twitter), Jeramiah Dooley (web/twitter), Kendrick Coleman (web/twitter), Maish Saidel-Keesing (web/twitter), Scott Lowe (web/twitter), Michael Letschin (web/twitter), and many more!